|Venue||President’s Palace, Valletta|
|Tickets||€ 25 **|
|Booking||www.teatrumanoel.com.mt 00356 21246389|
The first edition of the Valletta International Baroque Festival, to be hosted mainly at the Manoel Theatre opens with a concert by the Malta Philharmonic Orchestra. Besides Teatru Manoel, a number of other venues have been identified for this festival such as the President’s Palace, St John’s Co-Cathedral, the Jesuit Church, the Auberge de Provence and the chapel of Santa Caterina d’Italia amongst others, all prime examples of Baroque Architecture.
The opening concert features internationally acclaimed Maltese violinist Carmine Lauri and the MPO under the baton of its resident conductor Michael Laus.
|Johann Sebastian Bach||Concerto in D minor for two violins BWV 1043|
|soloists: Carmine Lauri, Emanuela Buta|
|Christoph W Gluck||Dance of the Blessed Spirits|
|Antonio Vivaldi||The Four Seasons|
|soloist: Carmine Lauri|
MALTA PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA
leader Marcelline Agius
conductor/harpsichord MICHAEL LAUS
- 10% discount if bookings are made in July; August; September and October 2012.
- No discount for bookings after 31st October 2012.
- Senior citizens and student card holders: 50% discount on all performances but they do not qualify for the additional early bird discounts as per above. Senior citizens and student card holders need to make their bookings at the Booking Office in person.
- Approved agents will get a commission rate of 15% on bulk bookings exceeding 20 tickets for any of the performances and can also avail themselves of the early bird discounts as per 1 and 2 above. However, the bookings have to be confirmed and paid for by the 31st of October 2012.
- No commission will be given on senior citizen and student card holders bookings, even if in bulk.